Position: Applications Engineer EMEA
Location: Stamford (Ideally live within 1 hour commute or happy to relocate)
Salary: Up to £65,000 (depending on experience)
Excellent benefit Packages
- 12% Employer pension contribution
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Private medical health care
- Childcare vouchers
- Gym membership
- Reward & recognition scheme – Employee of the month – £500
- Christmas Bonuses
- Cash plan – covers optical, dental, complimentary therapies etc
- Life insurance – 4x annual salary
Our prestigious client is a global leader in the design, engineering and manufacture of futuristic combustion equipment and enhanced eco-friendly systems. Their equipment plays mission-critical roles in the refining, production, power, LNG, biogas, pharmaceutical, pulp and paper, and numerous other industries around the world. They operate in more than 20 locations, they are the largest product research and test facility on the planet. Due to rapid expansion they are looking to recruit an Applications Engineer
The Applications Engineer role will focus on developing quotations for the EMEA region and supporting the sales team in developing and growing the company’s installed power based products comprising:
Boiler Burners, Duct Burners, Light-Up Burners, Start-Up Burners, Ignition Systems, Flame Scanners, Fuel Valve Skids, Burner Management Systems, Combustion Control Systems.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate previous sales success and technical knowledge within the power industry or valves and control industry. The role will primarily be office based however a key aspect of the role will be the requirement to travel, often at short notice, to customers in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- Prepare technical and commercial proposals for customers
- Work with suppliers building accurate costs for quotations that meet the client’s specifications
- Correspondence with customers to ensure the quotations meet the customers’ expectations technically and commercially
- Carrying out process/combustion calculations and product
- Follow up on proposals and attend clarification meetings as required
- Commercial negotiations and order closure working alongside the sales team
- Presenting both internally and to customers at their location
- Visiting customers at both sites and offices to attend meetings as required across Europe and the Middle East.
- Build relationships with complimentary suppliers and service groups to assist our customers and grow the business
Essential skills and attributes:
- Highly motivated, versatile and able to work on their own and as part of a team.
- Effective interpersonal skills and able to communicate effectively by telephone, email and face to face.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes
- Previous experience with internal or external sales within a relevant industry
- Previous internal or external sales experience
- Industrial Burner / Hot Water / Steam boiler/ HRSG /Petrochemical /Refinery or Combustion background/experience. Training will be provided to the right candidate, but some experience is preferred.
- Degree in engineering desirable.
The successful candidate must live within a 1-hour commute of Stamford and be able to drive and have their own form of transport.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.