Product Manager/ Buyer
Product Manager / Buyer
Salary: £40,000 – £42,000
Location: Milton Keynes
Minimum of a 12-month Fixed Contract, could lead to a permanent role
Our client is looking to recruit a Product Manager to join their highly successful company in Milton Keynes. This is a great opportunity for an Assistant Buyer looking for that next step within their career and wanting the opportunity to travel to the far East.
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for the daily management of ongoing customer projects. Working alongside the Buying Controller to fully understand expectations whilst ensuring critical paths across all projects are aligned with customer requirements.
You will be owning and driving key aspects such as Product Development, supplier negotiations and relationship management. Liaising with the Commercial team regularly to ensure everyone is aligned to workload and prioritisation.
- Managing critical paths and highlighting problems to all relevant colleague’s manager.
- Prioritising the workload to meet deadlines to include Tracking updates and general Administration
- Working closely with the commercial team to ensure expectations are being achieved and managed effectively
- Being aware of sales and margin expectations within the customer area and align with NPD product and price negotiations
- Creation and management of cost models for bespoke projects to ensure criteria is acceptable and achievable
- Building strong supplier relationships
- Regular communication with colleagues in the Asia offices to ensure they are aligned, understanding the challenges and working together to achieve the end goal.
- Awareness of market trends, competitor and retailer activity via store audits and market Reviews etc.
- Pro-active approach to NPD, Range building, Initial Product, Idea Concept, through to Final Production
- Liaising with the studio on all design/ packaging aspects and coordinating with NAM and customer
- Be aware of company Quality requirements and being aligned to the QA department at all times; overseeing supplier claims to successful agreed outcome.
- Attending and contributing to specific Customer meetings.
- Overview of stock issues to ensure discrepancies are resolved
- Working closely with the design studio to create suitable marketing materials and sales packs for the sales team.
- Contributing to Trade Fair’s – Visual Merchandising, POS
- Presentations – New Launch Presentations with Customers, Management and Sales team.
- Business Trips (as and when required) Far East Resourcing, New Development and Trade Fairs.
- Showrooms – General Maintenance, Visual Displays.
Essential Skills & Attributes required
- Well organised with good communication skills.
- Excellent Customer or Supplier relationship skills
- Experience in managing projects
- Energised, motivated and keen to learn
- Analytical with a strong commercial acumen
- Min of 2 years buying experience
- Proficient IT skills – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- A retail background is desirable but not essential
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.