Rentals Applications Engineer
Position: Rentals Application Engineer
Location: Stamford (Live within a 1-hour commute to Stamford or be willing to relocate locally)
Salary: £45,000 to £60,000 (depending on experience)
Excellent benefit Packages
- 12% Employer pension contribution
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Private medical health care
- Childcare vouchers
- Gym membership
- Reward & recognition scheme – Employee of the month – £500
- Christmas Bonuses
- Cash plan – covers optical, dental, complimentary therapies etc
- Life insurance – 4x annual salary
Our prestigious client is a global leader in the design, engineering and manufacture of futuristic combustion equipment and enhanced eco-friendly systems. Their equipment plays mission-critical roles in the refining, production, power, LNG, biogas, pharmaceutical, pulp and paper, and numerous other industries around the world. They operate in more than 20 locations, they are the largest product research and test facility on the planet. Due to rapid expansion they are looking to recruit a Rentals Applications Engineer
The Rentals Applications Engineer role will focus on developing customer enquiries and long-term relationships within Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). This will involveworking closely with the growing team at the European Head Office, in a versatile role to satisfy customer requirements. This will extend to supporting outside offices and ultimately head office in the USA.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate previous sales success and technical knowledge within the combustion and/or oil and gas industry. The role will primarily be office based however a key aspect of the role will be the requirement to travel, often at short notice, to customers throughout EMEA.
- Prepare accurate technical and commercial rentals proposals representative of the clients requirements.
- Follow up leads and where necessary and promote the Rentals business across EMEA.
- Correspondence with customers to ensure the quotations meet their expectations, both on a technical and commercial level.
- Carrying out process/combustion assessments during quotations.
- Complete follow ups (not limited to): Written, Verbal, Technical, Pre-order Post-order Installation/commissioning and to fully support the client requirements with appropriate commercial considerations.
- Develop long term relationships for their client base.
- Presenting both internally and to customers at their Head Offices and Sites.
- Visiting customers at both sites and offices to attend meetings as required across Europe and the Middle East.
Essential skills and attributes:
- Highly Motivated
- Able to work on their own and as part of a team.
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Previous client facing sales of custom engineered oil and gas products.
- Able to communicate effectively by telephone
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes
- Resourceful, well organised, highly dependable, efficient and detail orientated.
- Willing to develop within the role for future progression and group expansion.
- Previous internal or external sales experience
- Engineering background, ideally with process or oil and gas industry experience.
- Degree in engineering desirable.
The successful candidate must:
- Live within a 1-hour commute to the Stamford or be willing to relocate locally
- Have a full UK driving licence and have their own transport
- Be willing and able to travel worldwide
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.