Supplier Engagement Manager
Position: Supplier Engagement Manager
Location: Milton Keynes
Excellent Company Benefits and personalised training programme.
A unique opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and proactive procurement/supply professional to lead our clients growing the Supplier Engagement team. Knowledge or experience of public sector procurement is essential.
- You will be responsible for engaging with and driving performance from the suppliers who deliver services to customers and end-users.
- You will define a comprehensive strategy to allow the team to build effective and engaged supply chains and responsible for the on-going
- engagement and contract management approach for suppliers, from compliance checks to performance reviews.
- You will lead a team of staff, including supporting them in the execution of their roles, encouraging innovation in their supplier sourcing and engagement roles, and mentoring them to expand their skills and abilities over time.
- You will meet, face to face, with customers and suppliers across the UK. Reporting directly into the Operations Director
Creation and delivery of strategies to build diverse and manage dynamic supply chains
Ownership of the contract management of suppliers and the development of innovative strategies in how to drive additional value from the supplier base
Develop and streamline the operational approach to engaging with large supply chains
Performing analysis and reporting on the performance of supply chains and the effectiveness of the delivery
Hosting and running events, briefings, training sessions and demonstrations of the technology to suppliers
Meeting with and presenting to potential and existing suppliers
Supporting Supplier Managers in the delivery of projects and on-going supplier engagement
Owning and delivering against targets for onboarding suppliers in projects
Developing a full and detailed understanding of the supplier markets in which they work
Creating innovative collateral and marketing material
Recognising and designing new engagement methods
- Strong experience in engaging with and managing diverse groups of suppliers and/or customers
- Degree educated, or above
- Ability to create and develop strategies to enhance value delivered by the supply chain
- Knowledge or experience of public sector procurement
- Strong ability to present and deliver information to a variety of audiences
- Strong ability to analyse and report on performance
- Experience managing and motivating a team
- Willingness to travel across the UK when required
- CIPS Qualified and/or 3 years procurement experience
- PCR 2015 & OJEU experience
- Social Care and /or public sector experience